Getting Married in Sedona? Here’s your Sedona Wedding Checklist
You’ve found “the one” and you’re engaged, congratulations! You’ve told your family and friends and now the questions everyone have are when is the date, where is the location and who is invited. We worked with our wedding team to create the ultimate wedding checklist for your Sedona wedding:
- First things first – make the decision to get married in Sedona, a destination wedding everyone will want to attend!
- Fall in love with the perfect wedding venue for your theme and your guest count with an intimate creekside location or a red rock backdrop. Choose from indoor or outdoor venues to best fit your style.
- Set a date. If you’re not picky on a date, ask your sales manager if there are any dates that are open …you may find a special deal!
- Enjoy the planning process. Do a little bit at a time so you’re not overwhelmed. A wedding planner is a great ally for you when you’re making all the decisions and it’s best if they’re an outside person from your family or wedding party. They will make sure you get the business portions of the wedding done so that you and your family can work on the sentimental portions.
- Check in at least 1 day prior to your wedding day to get settled….2 days prior would be best so you have time to get organized and relax before your guests start arriving.
- Get pampered with a massage the week before your wedding day (stay away from facials the week before your wedding….just in case!)
- Don’t worry about the small details, as everything will work itself out. Try to relax and enjoy the anticipation. (Another great reason to have a wedding planner!)
- Drink a lot of water to stay hydrated in the Sedona elevation
- Have a relaxing meal with your fiancé to keep the focus on the two of you. After all, that’s why you’re doing all of this!
- Avoid staying up all night, everyone needs their beauty sleep before the wedding!
- Eat on the wedding day! There’s a lot going on and you may think to skip meals, but it’s a long day and you need your energy! The wedding is not the day to try something new, so be sure and eat something you enjoy and are comfortable with.
- Love every minute of having a glam squad for the day and getting dressed up
- Don’t forget sunscreen or umbrella to protect your skin from the sun or your hair and makeup from the rain.
- If you have a few jitters about walking down the aisle and being the center of attention, do something that makes you feel comfortable. Maybe it’s a few sips of Champagne to take the edge off, or taking a minute for yourself and a few deep breaths.
- Many photographers will suggest a “first look” session with just you and your fiancé before the ceremony. It’s a great chance to have a special moment with just the two of you and get some of the nerves out together. Plus it gives you more time with your guests at the reception!
- Remember: It’s your vision, your story, your day!
- Take beautiful photography of you and your newly wedded spouse to capture this incredible moment full of love and joy
For additional information or to inquire about available dates, please email [email protected] or call 928-204-4360.
Congratulations and happy planning!
Posted: April 5, 2016
Condé Nast Readers Vote L’Auberge Top Hotel
Situated on the banks of Oak Creek in the heart of Sedona’s famed Red Rock country, L’Auberge de Sedona is a place where guests celebrate, connect, heal, and relax. We are truly honored to be recognized with Condé Nast Traveler 2021 Readers’ Choice Award as a Top Hotel in the Southwest!
Inside Weddings: “Creekside Luxury”
Inside Weddings features L’Auberge de Sedona as an ideal location for destination weddings and rejuvenating honeymoons while highlighting Cress on Oak Creek, L’Apothecary Spa and our varied accommodations.
Elite Traveler: “Road Trip in Arizona”
Elite Traveler highlights L’Auberge de Sedona as “a romantic spot on the banks of Oak Creek” – the place to stay when visiting Sedona on a road trip through Arizona. Arriving in a Bentley Continental GT V8 Convertible with the top down, of course.