Power of Aromatherapy
Aromatherapy is the art and science of utilizing essential oils to harmonize the health of body, mind and spirit.
L’Apothecary Spa was created out of the love of spa and nature. By combining these two, we have been able to create treatments that truly allow our guests to quiet their mind and experience the healing benefits that a spa can provide. Likewise, our team of therapists and yoga instructors have developed activities that educate guests about the healing powers of nature. The spa team recently created a new activity, Power of Aromatherapy, to share their love and knowledge of essential oils with our guests. Devani, one of the aromatherapy activity leaders said
“Guests are amazed at how powerful essential oils can be and how they are being used with increasing popularity in Western medical practice and hospitals….”
Below is a taste of the discussion that is led through Power of Aromatherapy, offered at L’Auberge de Sedona weekly. The Power of Aromatherapy can also be arranged as a private session.
Essential Oils from aromatic plants were one of mankind’s first medicine. In Power of Aromatherapy, you will explore how aromatherapy has been used throughout the ages. This activity includes information about the benefits and safe ways to use essential oils in everyday life. Guests will experience the qualities and scents of 7 essential oils for greater health and well-being.
What are Essential Oils?
- Most basically: The essence of a plant.
- Parts of the plant used to create essential oils include stem, root, leaves or flowers, etc.
- The oil is extracted through the process of steam distillation.
Brief History of Aromatherapy
- Used 6,000 years ago in Egypt, 5,000 years ago in Tibet; Greek, Romans; Hippocrates used essences to fumigate Athens during the Plague
- 1928 French Chemist coined the term after accidentally discovering the healing properties.
- WWI & WWII used EO’s as antiseptics and to sterilize instruments (thyme)
- Modern use of EO’s in massage and holistic therapy
How to store EO’s and Special Precautions:
- Store in cool, dry area in a colored bottle
- All citrus EO’s are photosensitive & should not be exposed to sunlight, they will cause skin to burn
- Use carrier oil or milk if EO gets into eyes, NOT water
Power of Essential Oils & Aromatherapy:
- Natural plant extracts with specific vibrational frequencies (calibrated Frequency monitor)
- Improve physical and emotional well-being
- Influence your moods and feelings
- Create a wellness environment
How to use EO’s:
- Dilute with carrier oil for topical or in bathwater (5-8 drops EO per 1oz carrier oil)
- Dilute with water for a spritzer/spray (5-8 drops EO per 1oz water)
- Diffuse on cotton pad, tissue, or personal diffuser for inhalation
- Room Diffusers, personal diffusers
- Inhaled: brain stimulation OR topical at the bottom of feet, etc: goes into bloodstream
Again, this is just a taste of the discussion led weekly at L’Auberge. Included is a hands-on experience with essential oils, personal experiences, and a chance for guests to ask questions.
Posted: April 5, 2018
Other Articles You May Enjoy ...
TheList.com: What is forest bathing and what are its benefits?
TheList.com includes L’Auberge de Sedona in a wellness-centric story with a quote from our ...
DayspaMagazine.com: Fall Treatments
DayspaMagazine.com highlights the L’Apothecary Spa Flower Essence Massage beginning with a ...
A Sedona Valentine
Like no other place on earth, Sedona is a celebration of nature and culture, quiet wisdom and bur...