In keeping with the theme of love during the month of February, the L’Apothecary team at The Spa at L’Auberge created a love-ly bath scrub affectionately known as “Amourex” which literally means “in love.” Using hand-selected ingredients with a long list of holistic benefits, guests can create their very own Amourex scrub for the perfect romantic bath. It is a wonderful activity to do with one’s better half, as a Valentine’s gift or with loved ones. The process of actually blending the ingredients by hand results in a beautifully colored romantic bath scrub that will delight the senses.
The experience takes up to 30 minutes, and is guided by a L’Apothecary specialist, who is knowledgeable in the properties of each ingredient, and can answer questions or make recommendations. To create the Amourex scrub, the following ingredients are blended with mortar and pestle at the L’Apothecary, which is located inside the spa lobby.
Pink Himalayan Salt
- Prevents muscle cramping
- Aids in proper metabolism functioning
- Strengthens bones
- Lower blood pressure
- Improves circulation
- Loaded with antioxidants, enzymes, vitamins, and minerals
- Helps repair damage to skin
- Contributes to youthful glow
- Emotionally calming for matters of the heart
- Opens the mind and heart and is refreshing to the eyes
Ylang Ylang Essential Oil
- Provides additional sensual and soothing aspects
- An antidepressant, an antiseborrheic and antiseptic
- A powerful aphrodisiac
- Used to help lower blood pressure, calm nerves and helps induce peaceful sleep
For guests staying at L’Auberge during the month of February and would like to create an Amourex scrub, please schedule a blending by calling 1-844-330-8372.