Smoked Salmon Mousse Salad
Serves 2-4 people
At L’Auberge restaurant we serve this dish as a pre entrée appetizer. This also can be a great, light snack while enjoying a day at our organic spa. Satisfying and light yet an excellent source of high quality protein, the Smoked Salmon Mousse Salad also boasts a healthy dose of B Vitamins, D Vitamins, Omega-3 Fatty Acids and iron – a vital mineral that allows your blood cells to supply your tissues with oxygen needed to support your metabolism and keep you going all day.
- 1 sheet of Gelatin (or 1tsp unflavored Gelatin Powder)
- 5oz Smoked Salmon, coarsely chopped
- ¾ cup Heavy Cream
- ½ cup Heavy Cream, whipped to medium peek
- Zest of a Lemon, to taste
- Pinch of Coriander, toasted and ground
- Crackers or Baguette Slices
Place gelatin sheet in ice water to rehydrate. In small sauce pan heat the bloomed gelatin, discard water. Gently heat over low, just until gelatin dissolves; set aside.
In food processor, combine salmon, 1 cup of cream, lemon zest. Puree until smooth. With motor running, add gelatin slowly until combined.
Remove from processor into a bowl. Fold the whipped cream into salmon mix. Cover with plastic wrap, refrigerate until firm but spreadable.
- Fresh Local Medley of Herbs Tossed with Shaved Fennel, Apples
- Herb vinaigrette
Spread Salmon Mousse on Crackers, and top with Herb Salad.