Should you plan to go off property, several spots up Oak Creek Canyon are good for fishing: Grasshopper Point, Bootlegger Campground, Manzanita Campground and Banjo Bill Campground which is on the left hand side just past Slide Rock (easy to get down to the creek at this location). There are native Apache trout in Oak Creek. It is also stocked regularly with rainbow trout, brown trout, cut-throat trout and small mouth bass from mid April to December. Our local Fishing Report and Stocking Schedule of Oak Creek as well as other insightful information is available at these provided sites.
Part of Oak Creek is catch and release only. That is from Slide Rock north to West Fork Canyon. In that area you can only use artificial lures and flies with single barb hooks. Either side of that stretch of the creek the bag limit for trout is 6.
Currently there is nowhere in town where you can rent fishing gear so you would need to bring that with you. “Sedona Outfitters” in West Sedona sells some lures and have a simple rod; otherwise Walmart in Cottonwood (20 minutes drive) would be the closest place to buy gear.
- Brian Mowers, owner and guide for Sedona Fly Fishing Adventures provides, “The Gear, The Guide and The Good Times!”
- All prices are PER Angler, discounts for 3rd & 4th Angler are available. Special Group and Corporate Rates for 4 or more Anglers available.
- Please call or email to book your trip! The guides can be contacted at (928) 451-0492 or by emailing [email protected]. Their area excursions and rates are as follows:
- Oak Creek Canyon Adventure: $195 / person
- Verde River Adventure: $195 / person
*($17.25 Non Resident Fishing License not included)
- Packages Include:
Travel from hotel to waterside; Waders, Rods, Reels, Line, Flies; Gourmet Lunch (for Oak Creek and Verde Valley only, ask for details); Instruction upon request; Great fishing
- Fly Casting and Fly Fishing Basic Instruction – Creek Side (Verde River and Oak Creek): $25 / hr
Tour/ attraction descriptions, schedules and pricing are subject to change.