Nestled in the base of Oak Creek Canyon is a large cliff side swimming hole known as Grasshopper Point (928) 203-2900. This day-use site is popular with swimmers and picnickers alike. The swimming hole is shaded and cool, a good respite from the summer heat. There are three popular trails accessible from the Grasshopper Point parking lot; Allen’s Bend goes north and connects with Casner Canyon Trail; it also goes south and connects with Huckaby Trail.
- Attractions: Picnicking, Waterplay, Hiking, Fishing, Wildlife watching, Photography
- Facilities: Accessible picnic tables, vault toilets.
- Hours of Operation: 9am to dusk
- Fees: $8 per vehicle per day (up to 5 people). Walk-ins are $2 per person. $40/vehicle/year for the Big Three Pass or the Grand Annual Red Rock Pass
- Open Season: Year ‘round
- Usage: Heavy
- Water: No
- Caution: Cliff jumping and diving are discouraged for personal safety. The pool has varying depths, hidden rocks and unforeseen objects that could be hazardous.
No camping or campfires are permitted. No drinking water. Please bring your own bulk water. No pets are permitted. No glass containers are permitted. Please practice “Leave No Trace” ethics and help keep this area pristine.
Tour/ attraction descriptions, schedules and pricing are subject to change.