Benefits of Taking a Babymoon
Benefits of a Babymoon For Expecting Parents
You have the nursery colors picked out, you smile every time you walk past a baby clothing store and you are beyond excited at the prospect of meeting the newest, most tiny member of your family. Every mom knows that pregnancy is not without stress or a natural inclination to worry about every little detail. After all, you want everything to be perfect by the time your little bundle arrives, right?
The birth of your baby is one of the most joyful and memorable times in your life, and just like other milestones (weddings and other special occasions), it should be celebrated. So set aside a day (or two), and plan a babymoon…studies show it is healthy, relaxing and helps prepare and connect couples prior to the big day!
The most popular time to take a babymoon with your partner is during the second trimester. Generally, mommies-to-be are over any initial morning sickness from the first trimester, and they are not as uncomfortable as they may be in the third trimester. Each pregnancy is unique, so be sure to schedule a babymoon when you feel it is the best time for you as a couple. Here are some of the many benefits a babymoon can provide for expectant parents:
- Sleep: Pregnancy can be exhausting, so be sure to take time to get your zzz’s before the baby arrives.
- Relaxation: From picking out the pediatrician to stocking up on necessaries such as bottles, blankets and baby clothes, stress can find its way into pregnancy. Turn off the phone, put away your to-do list and relax.
- Eating: Nourish yourselves with a delicious meal (or two) and be sure to enjoy dessert together. Cravings are a natural part of pregnancy, so why not indulge a little during your babymoon?
- Pampering: Expecting moms often selflessly plan everything out for baby, but forget to pamper themselves a little too. A pre-natal massage is relaxing and also helps alleviate muscle pain associated with pregnancy.
- Connecting: A babymoon provides a great opportunity to connect with your partner, and focus on one another. It is a wonderful time for romance. Light the candles, put on some soft music and enjoy your time together.
- Journaling: Parents-to-be experience many different emotions as they get closer to expecting their little bundle of joy. Journaling, whether for yourselves or writing to your baby-to-be, is a great way to acknowledge and explore your feelings about being parents, your hopes, dreams, etc.
Babymoons at L’Auberge de Sedona
L’Auberge welcomes expecting parents and encourages them to relax, pamper themselves and connect with their partner during a babymoon. Due to the serene surroundings and natural elements, many couples find the property relaxing and rejuvinating during pregnancy. The sound of Oak Creek provides a perfect backdrop for morning meditation while you write in your complimentary baby journal (journal included as a gift).
The babymoon package also includes a two-night stay, a maternity spa treatment, breakfast, a four-course dinner at L’Auberge Restaurant on Oak Creek, fireplace concierge snacks, a “Name a Star” gift box, and a customized menu for cravings! All you and your partner need to do is show up and relax. The toughest decision will involve what to have for dinner…
Please visit http://www.lauberge.com/packages/ for more information or to book a babymoon package.
Posted: April 10, 2014
GlobalTravelerUSA.com: “L’Auberge de Sedona Announces ‘Home for the Holidays'”
L’Auberge de Sedona is spotlighted in the feature, “L’Auberge de Sedona Announces ‘Home for the Holidays’” on GlobalTravelerUSA.com. The article highlights the Home for the Holidays package as well as the holiday menus at Cress on Oak Creek for Christmas, and New Year’s Eve.