Fourth of July Sedona Itinerary
This Fourth of July we invite you to visit Sedona for stars, stripes and sparklers. Spend a weekend of celebration and create fireworks all your own – discover the red in the red rocks, the white in the super-moon or the twinkle in the stars and the blue in a revitalizing blueberry wrap from L’Apothecary Spa. Read on for a curated itinerary highlighting our themed guest activities and local events to enhance your Sedona experience.
Saturday, July 1st:
- 7:30 am Rise Up Sunrise Yoga: Enjoy the added energy and motivation that comes from releasing endorphins early in the day while cultivating inner peace and freedom before heading out into the natural wonders of Sedona.
- 2:00pm – 5:00pm Constellation Cocktail Class: Join us creekside at Cress Terrace to mingle with other guests and restaurant manager Brae Lezcano while sipping on and learning about several different constellation cocktails.
- 2:00pm – 8:00pm Lawn Games: Cap off the day with a little friendly competition and our summer lawn games including Cornhole, Giant Jenga, Giant Connect 4 and Bocce will be set on Cottageside Lawn under the sycamores.
- 7:00pm – 8:00pm Claim your Independence Psychic Tarot Reading: One of our most popular activities we offer for guests with a 4th of July twist – Claim your Independence Psychic Tarot Reading. Join our local expert as she guides guests to tap into their personal freedom and choice using intuition.
- 8:00pm Star Spangled Sparkler Tradition: There won’t be a large firework display in Sedona, but we invite you to make your own fireworks here at L’Auberge de Sedona. Gather together on Cottageside Lawn or from your private deck at 8:00pm and light up the night.
- 8:30pm – 10:00pm Supermoon Stargazing: The best place to gaze upon the Supermoon as it rises above the Mogollon Rim is at the Vista Overlook with our local astronomer, Curt Schneider, who has over 30 years’ experience at Lowell Observatory. The class will begin with a tour of the constellations then lead to extravagant stargazing through his personally made high-powered telescope. On this evening, the moon will be at 98% illumination and will appear much larger than most other moons throughout the year.
Sunday, July 2rd:
- 8:30am – 9:30am Chakra Yoga: Begin again with morning yoga that includes a longer, gentle yoga practice, allowing the poses to connect you to each of the chakras in the body.
- Afternoon Spa Relaxation: Plan a relaxing treatment at L’Apothecary Spa – we suggest the Blueberry Aloe Wrap. Treat yourself from head to toe with a thoughtful collection of organic ingredients to replenish, repair and restore your skin.
- 7:00pm Sunset Concerts at Airport Mesa Scenic Lookout: Sedona’s most popular sunset viewing site accompanied by award winning violinist and symphony soloist Fiddler on the Rock, performing original and cover music through ‘live looping’ and special effects. Music begins 60 min before sunset and is designed to enhance the emotional value of the visual experience.
- 7:45-8:30pm Full Moon Clearing Ceremony by the Creek: Whatever activity is being done during the full moon becomes amplified in its effect and intensity and we will do a clearing and releasing with sage ceremony then set intentions with water souble paper to release into the Creek after a short meditation to harness the full moon energy cycle.
Monday, July 3rd:
- 9:00-10:00am Fusion Movement Yoga: Join us for a fusion movement yoga class that targets your core stabilizer muscles and incorporates movement for the whole body. Appropriate for all levels and modifications will be offered.
- 12:00pm / 2:00pm Wine Tasting: Schedule a tour and wine tasting at Page Springs Cellars. Take a 25-minute scenic drive from L’Auberge and you’ll be in the heart of Sedona wine-country. Page Springs Cellars is along Oak Creek and offers a stunning tour of their grounds and wine making process topped off with a tasting as you gaze out at the vineyard.
- 7:00-8:00pm Metaphysical Energy of the Vortexes: Discussion of geologic phenomenon which may create vortex energy and a presentation of the various theories about what the vortexes are and how they may affect us. The spiritual significance of ley lines and the 4 primary vortexes in Sedona and their elements. There will be tips on the best ways to enjoy and experience the vortexes.
Tuesday, July 4th:
- 9:00am – 10:00am Freedom and Flow Yoga: This practice will emphasize freedom of movement through heart opening poses, stretching and flow from one pose to another allowing you to experience inner and outer balance.
- 10:30-11:30am Free to Be Sound Healing: Allow the frequencies of the crystal bowls to free your mind, activate your inner senses and clear your energy field. This helps restore balance within, which in turn helps you heal and is when insight and epihany’s can emerge.
- 3:00pm – 4:00pm A Patriotic Concert: The Flagstaff Symphony will perform “A Flag Fourth” at the outdoor amphitheater in Flagstaff, a 40-minute drive from Sedona. “This flag-waving patriotic concert is a chance to celebrate our nation’s independence in a safe, outdoor setting with your family and friends.”
- 8:00pm Star Spangled Sparkler Tradition: There won’t be a large firework display in Sedona, but we invite you to make your own fireworks here at L’Auberge de Sedona. Gather together on Cottageside Lawn or from you private deck at 8:00pm and light up the night.
- 8:45pm Fireworks: For a traditional 4th experience, grab a blanket and take a 30-minute drive to the Cottonwood Fantastic Family Fireworks display.
Plan your weekend or let the days take you where they will – we look forward to welcoming you soon!
Posted: June 19, 2023
Holiday Gift Guide
The holiday spirit is brought to to life in Sedona with twinkle lights and sparkly displays amongst a red rock backdrop along with delicious food & drinks and joyful music. Share the abundance of L’Auberge de Sedona with family and friends, our Holiday Gift Guide will lead you to the gifts that will delight all those in your life.
Condé Nast Readers Vote L’Auberge Top Hotel
Situated on the banks of Oak Creek in the heart of Sedona’s famed Red Rock country, L’Auberge de Sedona is a place where guests celebrate, connect, heal, and relax. We are honored to be recognized with Condé Nast Traveler 2023 Readers’ Choice Awards as the Top Hotel in the Southwest!