Did you know there was water in Arizona? There is more than just Oak Creek on which L’Auberge sits. Take a trip down the Verde River or the Colorado River for an exciting day trip from Sedona.
South by Southwest Adventures
- “Verde River at Clarkdale Adventure Tour” half-day guided tour on the Verde River with launch times of 10:00am and 2:00pm.
- Check-in is at their office in Cottonwood about 30 minutes away from L’Auberge. Pick-up at L’Auberge is possible for this experience based on their availability.
- Interspersed with exhilarating chutes and calm floating pools, the Verde River is the perfect river experience for folks of all ages. The classification for the river on this tour is class one for the majority of the experience, with a couple short sections qualifying as class two.
- Pricing for this tour is $105 for adults and $95 for children, with the approximate time on the river being two hours.
Sedona Adventure Tours
- “Ducky Kayak” self-guided tour. Cruise down the Verde River on Wednesday through Sunday in an inflatable kayak that is comfortable, unbelievably stable, easy to paddle. No experience is necessary for this safe and relaxing float down the gentle waters of the Verde River.
- When “checking in” along the river, the van that meets you will have the verbiage of “Verde Adventures” or “Verde Adventure Center”. Before launching, you will be assisted with basic paddling techniques and Sedona Adventure Tours will provide all of the gear you need to make this a truly enjoyable, memorable, and safe adventure.
- The total time on the tour is approximately 4 hours, and total time on the river is 2 to 2.5 hours covering about 5 miles.
- The tour departs from Beasley Flats in Camp Verde, approximately 1 hour from L’Auberge.
- Standard launch times are 9:00am and 1:00pm.
- Prices for half-day tours start at $50 and $70 for full-day tours.
- “The Classic Water to Wine Tour”, a guided tour which begins with a one-hour Ducky Kayak trip on a scenic stretch of the Verde River with just enough chutes and riffles to add a bit of excitement without ruffling any feathers. Your Ducky Kayak trip ends in the shade of giant Cottonwood trees where you will take the gravel path up through the vineyards to the Tuscan farmhouse at the Alcantara Vineyards for your wine tasting delight.
- Check-in is at Alcantara Vineyards, about 40 minutes from L’Auberge.
- Tour time is approximately 3 hours from start to finish. Time on the river time is approximately 1 to 1.5 hours. Wine tasting time is approximately 1.5 hours.
- $97.25 per person does not include tax, fees or gratuity. Total, not including gratuity, is $109.56/person. Each person receives a $20.00 credit to be used at the winery for wine tasting (must be 21 & have photo ID), food or retail items.
Great Venture Tours
- The Colorado River Scenic Float Tour leaves L’Auberge between 6-6:30am and returns between 6:30-7:00pm.
- The launch site for this tour is in Page, AZ.
- This tour is available on Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday.
- Colorado River White Water Rafting Tour leaves L’Auberge between 4-5:00am and returns between 7:30-8:00pm
- The launch site for this tour is at the West Grand Canyon from the lands of the Hualapai people. There is an age restriction of 8-years-old for this tour. The helicopter portion of this tour is weather permitting, but does not often get cancelled.
- This tour requires a minimum of four passengers to be confirmed. It is available on Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday, as well as other days of the week, per availability.
Colorado River Discovery
- Colorado River Discovery offers the most fantastic one day rafting tours anywhere on the mighty Colorado River. They provide tours near Glen Canyon Dam, half-day raft trips as well as full-day river rafting tours on motor rafts that are perfect for the entire family (kids ages 4 and up). They even offer full-day rowing trips for those looking for a more relaxed adventure to experience the Colorado River at a slower pace.
- As you float on one of the most dramatic stretches of river in the western United States, your experienced guide will tell the story of the area’s soaring sandstone cliffs, crystal blue-green waters, abundant wildlife, exploration by Major John Wesley Powell and others, and the river’s modern role in the Southwest’s water and power delivery system.
- Pick-up at L’Auberge is not available with this touring company.
Tour/ attraction descriptions, schedules and pricing are subject to change.