6 Reasons to Spring in Sedona
With spring in bloom, Sedona and L’Auberge offer a variety of opportunities for equal parts relaxation and discovery. Unwind at the spa with signature treatments, dine along the banks of Oak Creek, meander through gardens and local art installations – the possibilities are endless. We have compiled a list of our top 6 reasons to spend Spring in Sedona and at L’Auberge.
1. Delightful Spring Weather
Every season in Sedona has a different beauty, but the rebirth of Spring contrasting stunning colors on the trees and throughout the gardens against the statuesque red rocks makes it a favorite among many. With average high temperatures in the mid-60s to low 80s and lows that are refreshingly chilly, it’s perfect weather for Sedona’s outdoor activities like hiking, jeep tours and shopping in Uptown Sedona. You’ll want to make sure not to miss the spectacle of Sedona’s “evening entertainment”: an explosively colorful sunset behind Sedona’s red rocks.
2. Rebalancing of Mind and Body
Culminating a season of cold and dry weather along with emotional stressors of the holidays and changes brought on by a new year, a rebalancing of mind and body becomes essential in Spring. The attuned practitioners at L’Apothecary Spa have created a massage which combines the balancing of energy chakras along with stones intentionally selected to assist in renewal.
Chakra Balancing Massage: In this beautiful journey for your body, mind and soul, open yourself to receive higher awareness, purification, wisdom and inspiration for joy and love. Garnet, Carnelian, Amethyst and Rose Quartz are intentionally placed along your chakra centers to promote feelings of comfort, enthusiasm and instill confidence while inspiring creativity. This balancing massage aligns and revitalizes your whole self while activating your chakras and leaving you experiencing a rebirth of mindful sensations. (60 min $180/ 90 min $260, Available 4/1/22)
- Garnet is chosen for its grounding properties. Built up energy within the body needs somewhere to go if it is not useful to the body so grounding through the garnet will allow the energy to flow back into the earth.
- Carnelian supports circulation while regenerating vitality and creativity.
- Amethyst is a natural tranquilizer, it relieves stress and strain, soothes irritability, balances mood swings while dispelling anger, rage, fear and anxiety. Amethyst activates spiritual awareness, opens intuition and enhances psychic abilities as well as dissolves negativity.
- Rose quartz increases blood circulation in the body while helping to replace negative emotions with positive, returning the mind and body to a place of pure love and balance.
Creekside Spa Treatments: Experience an unparalleled relaxing spa journey with an al fresco massage. As your body relaxes by the expert touch of your practitioner your mind will relax by the calming sound of Oak Creek. Available beginning April 1, 2022, weather permitting.
3. A Creekside Indulgence
Spring weather allows guests to dine along Oak Creek with minimal need for blankets or heaters. Dining creekside creates an ambiance for relaxation and pure involvement in the company of your companions and culinary satiation. Cress on Oak Creek welcomes guests, Sedona locals and visitors to breakfast, lunch, dinner and Sunday brunch with menus inspired by our central location in Arizona and our historical roots to southern regions of Spain, Italy and France.
Easter Brunch – April 17, 10:00 am – 2:00 pm
4. Mindful Immersions
Offered exclusively to guests of L’Auberge, local experts share metaphysically immersive classes along with curated art experiences for those seeking a fulfilling excursion.
- Flow into Spring Yoga – This practice is designed to welcome you into the new beginnings of spring. We will flow from one pose to another to create a rhythm for your body to connect with. This sequence of postures are coordinated with the movements of the breath and include a range of standing, seated and supine poses.
- New Beginnings Sound Healing – This offering will create the atmosphere of beginning anew. The energy of the crystal bowls will open your senses to possibilty and setting an intention to grow and thrive in the new season. Sound healing works by sending sound waves throughout your body, which brings harmony through oscillation and resonance. This can help anchor your dreams into reality.
Art curator Linda Goldenstein of Sedona’s acclaimed Goldenstein Gallery has created an immersive art experience guests can enjoy without ever stepping foot off L’Auberge property. Described as a natural gallery, sculptures are spread throughout the property with exhibit pieces found in the lobby, Lodge, interior restaurant and some cottages.
This Spring Linda has assembled an exhibit featured in March around “A Woman’s Touch” highlighting Women’s Art History. Following in April, discover an Impressionist and Expressionist exhibit through the grounds.
5. “Deeper into-Nature Experience”
TownandCountryMag.com highlighted L’Auberge de Sedona in a recent article, “The Best Places to Go in April.” The article highlights the benefits of traveling during the Spring season and includes Sedona, AZ as an ideal destination.
“With its powerful energy vortexes, breathtaking vistas, and plethora of hiking trails, there is no better place for a wellness reset than Sedona. Stay at L’Auberge de Sedona, which occupies a prime perch at the edge of town on the banks of Oak Creek and where you can choose between the Vista Cottages, with their panoramic views of those iconic red rock formations, or a Creekside option (with outdoor showers, by the way) to wake up to the soothing sounds of the stream. The spa utilizes local ingredients like prickly pear, juniper, sage, and cypress for its luxe treatments. For a deeper into-nature experience, there is also plenty to do, like forest bathing, sound healing, meditation, yoga, and stargazing.”
6. Engaging with Sedona
While in Sedona, take part in one of our Spring events, engaging your senses with Sedona.
- Sedona Food Truck Festival: This event will feature a mouth watering selection of great food, live music and beer – a great post hike adventure! | 3/26/2022
- Piano on the Rocks International Festival: Internationally acclaimed musicians in Sedona for a three-day concert series. This festival explores the interconnection between solo piano literature, storytelling and literature. | 4/22 – 4/24/2022
- Cinco de Mayo – A colorful Fiesta saluting a rich heritage at Tlaquepaque – enjoy the festivities including mariachi musicians, Folklorico dancers and traditional Mexican food. | 5/7/2022
Embrace Spring in Sedona with more than just hiking (although we highly recommend exploring a trail or two), discover the graces of the season through nourishing experiences.
Posted: March 9, 2022
TripstoDiscover.com “11 Best Hotels for Adventure Lovers”
On TripstoDiscover.com, L’Auberge de Sedona is highlighted in the article titled “11 Best Hotels for Adventure Lovers.” The article highlights the resort and showcases the on-property offerings, L’Apothecary Spa, Cress on Oak Creek, and the specialty cottage suites.
The Condé Nast Nominations are Here!
We are honored that L’Auberge de Sedona has been nominated for Condé Nast Traveler’s 2022 Readers’ Choice Awards. Head to voting to share your memorable travel experiences by June 30th, 2022, and be entered in the chance to win an international getaway for two, courtesy of Condé Nast Traveler.