While horseback riding is soul-satisfying in itself, it also provides a wonderful opportunity to explore the natural landscape of the Wild West. Being on horseback is a one-of-a-kind adventure for your entire family and a great way to experience what it was like for cowboys trekking through the countryside. Take a look at the options we have compiled for you below.
Horsin’ Around Adventures
Their location is fifteen miles from L’Auberge. They offer complimentary pick-up from our resort or it is only a short and scenic 20 minute drive to Javelina Leap Winery in Page Springs, where you will meet your guide. You can choose between various tours listed below.
- Cowpoke Ride: $98 per rider for a 1.5 hour ride. Ride in a Group with a Professional Trail Guide – 1.5 hrs of amazing adventure into wildlife habitats through exciting wine country terrain
- The Premier Ride: $195 per rider for a 1.5 hour ride. $130 per rider for each addition
al hour. Your own group—your own wrangler. Ride at your pace and experience level. Customize your experience and add on the “Lasso-A-Lunch”, “Vino Vaquero”, “Saddle n’ Supper” or the “Sunset Wine Picnic Package”
- Lasso-a-Lunch: $119 per rider for a 1.5-hour ride. 10:00am ride with picnic lunch after. Approximately 2 hours.
- Vino Vaquero: $129 per rider for a 1.5-hour ride. 10:00am ride with wine tasting after, including snack. Approximately 3 hours.
- Saddle n’ Supper: $139 per rider for a 1.5-hour ride. 4:00pm ride with steak dinner, starter, and dessert after. Glass of wine or draft beer included. Other entrée options are available upon request. Approximately 4 hours.
Trail Horse Adventures
Trail Horse Adventures is twenty miles from L’Auberge (35-Minute drive), located west of Sedona. The rides take place on the old Dead Horse Ranch, which is now a State Park. There is a $7 charge at the gate to enter, but that will be applied toward your trail ride charge, so you will not be out any money. The following trail rides are offered:
- High Desert Trail: Take a ride through the high desert past Native American cliff dwellings, settlers gravesites and through fields of creosote and mesquite trees. Ride through the limestone hills and look for rabbits, snakes, foxes, deer and a wide variety of birds and plant life that are more beautiful than words can describe. The trail is in a riparian habitat and crosses the Verde River out and back (water level permitting) 1.5 hour ride $79+ tax
- Monument Loop Trail: Experience the Verde River Greenbelt multiple times on this trail that takes you not only into the river bed but also along the river for part of your ride. Follow the trail past the old cemetery where many graves are marked by dilapidated stone and wooden markers. Enjoy the view of Tuzigoot Indian Ruins a National Monument. Keep your eyes peeled for the magnificent desert wildlife and the abundant vegetation surrounding the trail. 2.5 hour ride $100+ tax
- Three-Hour Lunch Ride: Enjoy a Picnic on Monument Loop Trail. Expand your experience with a serene interlude along the Verde River while enjoying the Monument Loop Trail. (Combined with Trail Ride 3 Hours) $125+ tax
M Diamond Ranch
M-Diamond Ranch is located on a 40,000 acre working ranch in the high desert country south of L’Auberge (about 40 minutes from L’Auberge).
- One Hour Rides (Prices do not include tax or gratuity $75 per adult, Ages 7 to 12 $55
- 2 Hour Ride; Minimum age 12 years, some riding experience needed. $114 per perso
- Ranch Rendez-Vous (Dinner Ride): The L’Auberge pick-up is at 4:15 pm and guests return to Sedona at about 9:00 pm. There is no drive-out option for the dinner ride.
- Activities include a one-hour evening ride, followed by a horse-drawn wagon ride up to the steak cookout dinner. The dinner is fabulous, and there is live music and a chance to relax and enjoy the beautiful scenery. If weather permits, there will be a camp-side fire after dinner, and guests will sing songs, and toast s’mores. The beautiful sunset and western dinner are a big hit with our guests.
- The cost is $120, kids 7 to 12 are $105.
- Evening cookouts are offered Monday, Wednesday & Friday if there is enough people signed up for it.
Tour/ attraction descriptions, schedules and pricing are subject to change.