There are two balloon companies operating in Red Rock Country, both of which offer only sunrise flights with an early morning pick-up at the resort.
They will require the body weights and heights of all passengers at the time of booking, as well as all credit card information. Both the balloon companies fly under FAA regulations and often are grounded due to wind and storm activity. Sedona is situated right below the Mogollon Rim, where the elevation changes by 2,000 feet fairly abruptly. That creates a lot of wind conditions, all year long.
They also have some insurance requirements they want us to make sure our guests are aware of before booking:
- Is anyone pregnant?
- Does anyone have any physical handicaps?
- Any recent injuries?
- Any major surgeries in the last 12 months?
- Does anyone need any assistance walking?
Tour Cost: $225 per adult and $195 per child. We recommend that balloon reservations be made as far ahead as possible, as they do fill up and there is no guarantee that there will be availability closer to the day. Once you have your reservation, it is required to call the company during a designated window of time the day before for exact pick-up details.
Red Rock Balloons
(800) 258-3754 or (928) 284-0040
- More popular company as their lift off point is closer to the mass of Red Rocks and they fly with bigger baskets, holding up to 13 people.
Northern Light Balloon Excursions
(800) 230-6222 or (928) 282-2274
- Use baskets that hold 6 people and have a launch area out by Red Rock State Park, just a little further out, but still in Red Rock Country.
- Flights ascend up to 2,000 feet above Sedona for a flight lasting between one and one and a half hours, based on wind conditions and the discretion of the pilot.
Tour/ attraction descriptions, schedules and pricing are subject to change.