There are a wealth of fulfilling outdoor opportunities in Sedona. You can go to the vortices on your own (Bell Rock, Airport Mesa, Cathedral Rock, and Boynton Canyon) and spend some time there in exploration and personal reflection. They are fairly easy to walk to from the parking areas and all are fairly close to the roadways, so you don’t have to hike very far. As you may know, these “energy centers” are considered “sacred’. We have maps and information at the Concierge desk that will help you get the most out of the experience should you choose to investigate them on your own.
If you prefer some assistance with your adventures and with getting the most out of your vortex and spiritual experience, you can take a tour or engage a private guide.
Below are a couple of resources for Vortex group tours.
- Touch The Earth Vortex Tour: This relaxing, insightful tour will explore the myths and legends surrounding the vortices and let you draw your own conclusions. Visit Mystic Vista, Vultee Arch Road or Airport Mesa to experience the beauty of Sedona and see the views of Cathedral Rock, Courthouse Butte and Bell Rock from a unique vantage point.
- 2.5 hours/ $88 per adult, $74.80 per child (12 years and under)
Earth Wisdom Tours
- Scenic Vortex Jeep Tour: An introduction to the facts, feelings and fallacies of Sedona’s vortex Power Spot lore investigating some of the reasons behind the sacred site phenomena occurring here and worldwide.
- 2 1/2 hour tour is $95 per person.
Providers that are able to offer a private guided experience of Sedona are:
Trail Lovers Excursions
Trail Lovers Excursions offers specialized outdoor adventure outings geared toward getting people to the less crowded, special places of Sedona, with activities that include: hiking, cliff-jumping, swimming, cave explorations, and basic canyoneering. Their environmentally responsible expert guides have access to the most trail combinations (over 200), the greatest amount of wilderness hikes, and the most unique areas of Red Rock Country. They are well-versed in the background of the vortices associated with Sedona and can also teach survival skills, medicinal plant uses, flora/fauna taxonomy, geology, and the unique cultural histories of Northern Arizona. Upon request and guide availability, special outings including photography, yoga, and tai chi are also possible. There is a two-person minimum and six-person maximum for daily adventures beginning at approximately 8:00am or 2:30pm.
The available tours and pricing are as follows:
- Private Guided Expedition, 2 hours (3-person minimum for this tour): $80 per person
- Private Guided Expedition, 3 hours: $115 per person
- Half-day Private Red Rock Excursion, 4.5 hours: $150 per person
- Full-day Private Ultimate Sedona Adventure, 7 hours: $185 per person
Sedona Red Rock Tours
Sedona Red Rock Tours offers an exceptional private tour. The guides are highly intuitive and once they meet you they know which Vortex to visit first and from there you “follow Spirit” and go where you are called. Their tours can involve any and everything from hiking, medicine wheel, chakra, dosha, photography, Reiki, and yoga on the excursions.
Pricing for adventures with 2 to 4 people are as follows:
- $240 for 2 hours
- $360 for 3 hours
- $480 for 4 hours
Sedona Spirit Journeys
Sedona Spirit Journeys operated by Crystal StarrWeaver and her daughter Lizabeth Hutchison, are able to offer great spiritual tours of Sedona. Their private tours will offer you an opportunity to experience this beautiful land called Sedona in an intimate way and to connect with the healing power of the natural Vortex energy. At the different sacred sites you’ll have your own unique experience of the energy—relaxing, energizing, uplifting, emotionally releasing, and intuitively opening. As you attune to these energies, you can use them for healing and inspiration.
Sedona Red Rock Treks
Sedona Red Rock Treks is a local provider offering guided hikes and tours in the area. All hikes include water, snacks, backpacks, trekking poles and pick up from the resort. They are happy to accommodate your interests in photography, cultural or natural history, vortex areas, or simply peaceful back country environments. They are a legally permitted as outfitter guides with the United States Forest Service. Their local excursions and pricing are as follows (Please be aware of their 72-hour cancellation policy):
- Sedona Hikes: 2-3-hour hike: $75/Adult, $25/Child (12 and under) *; 5-hour hike: $125/Adult, $50/Child*. Their experienced and knowledgeable guides will match your fitness level and the type of experience you would like to gain from the day.
- Sedona Sacred Tour: 3 hours: $75/adult, $25/child 12 and younger. Travel to three high-energy sacred areas around Sedona.
- Sedona Energy Tour: 2 hours: $75/adult, $25/child 12 and younger.Travel to two amazing high energy areas close to Sedona.
- Sedona Archeology Tour: 3 hours: $75/adult, $25/child 12 and younger. Visit two beautiful ancient Native American ruins accompanied by a knowledgeable and friendly guide.
Tour/ attraction descriptions, schedules and pricing are subject to change.